forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Binance - Сryptocurrency exchanges - Samsung Unveils New Metaverse World ‘My House,’ Attracts Over 4 Million Visits In Less Than 1 Month
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

Samsung Unveils New Metaverse World ‘My House,’ Attracts Over 4 Million Visits In Less Than 1 Month

Started by Bitcoin, Feb 07, 2022, 06:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitcoin

Samsung Unveils New Metaverse World 'My House,' Attracts Over 4 Million Visits In Less Than 1 Month

After Samsung’s official release of its own metaverse service My House on Jan. 6, the company has exemplified huge success on the platform, attracting more than 4 million visitors in less than a month.

A collaboration with Naver's 3D avatar platform Zepeto, My House was launched at CES 2022, an annual tech show, where the South Korean multinational electronics corporation elaborated on its plans to innovate on some of their technology products and also draw in more younger consumers.

Soon, Samsung users will be able to decorate and personalize virtual homes from furniture, appliances, and other electronic products. 

The metaverse is an online, 3D universe that comprises multiple different virtual spaces. Technology experts deem this as the "future of the internet," with a total market value of nearly $15 trillion as of November 2021.

Samsung My World: A Very, Very Fine House

In collaboration with Zepeto, My House targets the younger counterparts of their customer base, specifically Generation Z and millennial youth. 

Samsung defines the platform as "a space-decorating experience" wherein users are allowed to collect, arrange, and decorate their houses using various products represented in virtual format.

Related Reading | Samsung The Latest To Embrace Crypto By Adding Ledger Wallet Service

Since it was launched in the Zepeto mobile app via Google Play Store, the number of people that used the application breached the 4 million mark - the most amongst Zepeto's partnered services, according to Samsung Electronics. 

The electronics behemoth is vying to invest in the metaverse industry to innovate on their current products and to build a technological system amongst their appliance variants. 

Total crypto market cap at $1.91 trillion in the daily chart | Source: TradingView.com

Related Reading | Samsung Exploring NFT Support On New TVs

Era Of Immersive Digital Experience

Samsung is explicit in its plans to scale up its partnerships with other industries to catch up with the fast momentum of cryptocurrencies and the metaverse.

"With the success of My House as our foothold, we are looking to engage more aggressively with millennials and Generation Z by optimizing customers' metaverse experience," Young-hee Lee, head of Samsung's Global Marketing Center, said.

In Decentraland, the tech giant has already opened a virtual version of its flagship 837 stores located at 837 Washington Street in New York City’s Meatpacking District, Manhattan. Meanwhile, the virtual store - dubbed Samsung 837X - will be available only for a limited time.

The virtual store will give users the experience of digital adventures through "Connectivity Theater and Sustainability Forest" and a mixed reality live dance party hosted by DJ Gamma Vibes.

“This is one of the largest brand land takeovers in the history of Decentraland,” Samsung said in a statement shared with The Block on Thursday.

Featured image from SamMobile, chart from TradingView.com

Source: Samsung Unveils New Metaverse World 'My House,' Attracts Over 4 Million Visits In Less Than 1 Month