forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Forex - Reserve Bank of Australia meeting coming up on February 7: "to hike the cash rate by 25bp"
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

Reserve Bank of Australia meeting coming up on February 7: "to hike the cash rate by 25bp"

Started by forex4you, Jan 24, 2023, 07:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forex4you

Reserve Bank of Australia meeting coming up on February 7: "to hike the cash rate by 25bp"

<p>The Judo Bank / Market Australia flash PMI data is here:</p><p class="article-slot__title title top"><a href="https://www.forexlive.com/news/australian-january-preliminary-pmi-manufacturing-498-prior-502-20230123/" rel="follow" target="_self" class="article-link">Australian January preliminary PMI, manufacturing 49.8 (prior 50.2)</a></p><p>Analysis in that report is from Warren Hogan, Chief Economic Advisor at Judo Bank. Hogan is a very well respected economist in Australia and is worth paying attention to. </p><p>From the report, his quick preview of what's coming up from the RBA:</p><ul><li>"<a href="https://www.forexlive.com/terms/i/inflation/" class="terms__main-term" id="ad51a5a2-1afc-4f42-9e62-ea6faf6f90fa" target="_blank">Inflation</a> pressures may abate somewhat but the risk forthe RBA is that inflation remains stubbornly high well into2023. This could maintain upward pressure on inflationexpectations and wages growth. On this basis it seemspremature for the RBA to pause the current tighteningcycle. Australian interest rates are low by any standardexcept that of the last few years. Real interest rates remaindeeply negative leaving monetary policy well below mostlong-term concepts of 'neutral'. Australian interest ratesare well below those in other advanced economies facingsimilar inflation risks.</li><li>"We expect the RBA to hike the cash rate by 25bp in eachof February and March before an extended pause. Furtherrate hikes may be required later in 2023 if the economyand inflation prove more resilient than current consensusforecasts suggest."</li></ul><p>-</p><p>I don't always agree with the analysis I see but I do with this. </p><p>As I have said many times before in my own thoughts of what the RBA will do in February, a hike is the only reasonable thing to do given this, from the front page of the RBA website:</p><p>The RBA is forecasting inflation to fall, and I've seen opinion that this is the basis for the Bank pausing now, i.e. no need for a hike in February. I disagree and, if any of the folks at the RBA are reading this, please recall how poor the bank's forecasts usually are. Use the data, don't try to second guess it. </p>

This article was written by Eamonn Sheridan at www.forexlive.com.

Source: Reserve Bank of Australia meeting coming up on February 7: "to hike the cash rate by 25bp"

forexlive.com
Forex4you offers wide range of trading accounts with DDE, NDDE and STP executions including more than 100 instruments. Forex4you is based on MetaTrader 4 trading platform. Clients have the advantage of daily technical and fundamental analysis, one-click trading, economic calendar, mobile trading applications, news and forecasts from Dow Jones (UK) and signals from Trading Central (US). In addition, Forex4you offers Forex dictionary, educational materials and lot of "How to" guides about Forex.

forex4you.com   share4you.com   betiforex.com Forex  beginners-guide-to-iq-option-complete-review forex4you review forex4you Forex4you Review - One of the Best Forex Brokers Forex4you Review - One of the Best Forex Brokers forex4you - PAMM forex broker review and feedback from traders forexbinaryoption.ae aroundworld24.com  Affiliate programs  Forex4you Affiliate programs   

forex4you.com