forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Binance - Сryptocurrency exchanges - Generate Paper Wallet using Electrum
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

Generate Paper Wallet using Electrum

Started by Bitcoin, Feb 10, 2022, 05:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitcoin

Generate Paper Wallet using Electrum

Question: How do I generate a BTC paper wallet from an Electrum wallet.

Context: I have created a new wallet in Electrum and transferred a small amount of BTC there. That is the only transaction that has occurred in that wallet.
I would now like to use the contents of that wallet to generate a paper wallet for that full amount, and ideally do it all through the Electrum application. The reason why I want this as a paper wallet is that I want to give it as a gift for my nephew to have when they turn 21 in 20 years time. Having a nice laminated paper wallet seems both safer and cooler than placing a copy of the wallet on a USB stick or something else. Perhaps BTC will still be worth something then, or perhaps it won't even exist, but either way it will be an interesting thing for my future 21 year nephew to discover!

Note:

• I am a complete newbe, so please explain everything.

• If what I am asking is totally impossible using Electrum alone, please tell me the simplest and safest alternative.

• I am using Electrum on a Mac.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Source: Generate Paper Wallet using Electrum