forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Binance - Сryptocurrency exchanges - What does "buy the dip" mean?
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

What does "buy the dip" mean?

Started by Bitcoin, Feb 09, 2022, 04:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitcoin

What does "buy the dip" mean?

I keep hearing "buy the dip" constantly with Bitcoin people/comments.

I get that it means that you should buy Bitcoin while the price is temporarily low, but what do they mean by it? Do they assume that people have a bunch of money just sitting around waiting to be spent? If they have the ability to buy Bitcoin, and they have money, why would they not have already done so, and thus have no money to spare?

Am I just unique in that I don't have any massive streams of income constantly flowing into my bank account for me to "buy the dip"? For me to afford a single small purchase on Bisq, I'd need about $500, which translates to several full months of me saving all the money I don't absolutely need. To buy a little BTC once. And then my bank account is drained again, and I have to start over saving for months to make another such minor purchase.

What do they mean by "buying the dip"? Do people normally have enormous amounts of money piled up just "waiting for the right time to invest"? Are they deliberately acting arrogantly as to pretend that they are super rich and assume that everyone else also is? Do they genuinely not understand that others aren't as super-rich as they are? I don't understand it.

Source: What does "buy the dip" mean?