forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Mining - Bitcoin mining. - Page 92
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:24 am

News:

Forex trade

Bitcoin mining.

Started by Bitcoin, Feb 14, 2021, 08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitcoin

Radeon 7850 Bitcoin mining.
SAPPHIRE HD7850 (12 MH/s for Ethash)
Sapphire HD7850 hasn't shined as bright as some of the other HD 7000 series video cards we've looked at from AMD. We saw the HD 7870, HD 7950, HD 7970 really shine with some awesome numbers and great overclocking results.
Sapphire HD7850 Review [ edit ]
The performance of the HD 7850 when it first came out, combined with its relatively low price tag, made for a very enticing mid-range card. That impressive start has only gotten better as time has moved on and the price has dropped ever lower.
Once it dropped below $250 it was hard to really recommend anyone with a 1080p screen spending more. Now it's sub-$250 graphics card crown has slipped as its HD 7870 big brother has usurped the HD 7850's place by making itself a whole lot cheaper than it used to be.
Still, at $200 you'd surely expect us to still be pretty taken with the HD 7850. And while it's still a great mid-range card, there has been one other sibling to make us take a second look. And that's the 1GB version of this GPU.
You might expect the extra gigabyte of graphics memory to push this graphics card significantly ahead in the high-res benchmarks - but you'd be wrong. That said, you're not going to feel the fool for having one of these full-fat 2GB Pitcairn Pro cards in your rig.
Inside the graphic card's box, users got a pretty nice package with an invitation to Sapphire Select Club or SSC, Quick Install Guide and driver CD to round out the normal additions. You also got a Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector, HDMI to DVI, CrossFire Bridge, Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort and a full length HDMI cable to round off the bundle.
Hash rate : 12 MH/s Cryptocurrency : Ethereum Manufacturer : SAPPHIRE Model : HD7850 Core clock : 1050 Mem clock : 1300 Hardware type : GPU OS : Windows 8.1 x64 Mining software : Crimson 16.1.
Rent Bitcoin mining server.
Instead of leasing a hashrate, lease an actual GPU in one of our advanced and automated mining rigs. All GPUs are optimized to mining and are overclocked.
When you lease from ProMining, you have access to the entire feature-set and capabilities of the GPU, simply meaning you are mining to your selected pool and wallet(s).
Because the GPU is mining directly to your own account in a pool, you can validate the performance of the GPU and be sure that it's being utilized fully to your benefit.
Choose from one of the supported pools, or enter a custom pool. Set up and configure your account, and our automated system will configure a GPU to mine directly to the pool of your choice.
Current hashrate is reported every minute and can be compared to the hashrate reported in your mining pool.
Pay for $28.41 for 30 days or $76.78 for 90 days, and pay no additional fees, regardless of cryptocurrency prices. Simply lease a GPU, enter your Wallet ID, and start mining today!
Ready to start ProMining?
Create an account to start ProMining.
Lease and configure a GPU to mine your choice of cryptocurrency.
Get Cryptocurrency.
Receive cryptocurrency from your mining efforts directly to your wallet.
Revenue Calculator.
Number of GPUs.
Ethereum Price.
Ethereum Price:
Estimated Ethereum after 90 days:
Estimated Revenue after 90 days:
Plans & Pricing.
Effortless Setup 6 Cryptocurrencies to choose from Mine to your own wallet Ethereum Hashrate of 30 MH/s avg Lease Now.
Effortless Setup 6 Cryptocurrencies to choose from Mine to your own wallet Discounted pricing Ethereum Hashrate of 30 MH/s avg Lease Now.
Effortless Setup 6 Cryptocurrencies to choose from Mine to your own wallet Dual mine two currencies on the same GPU Coming Soon.
About ProMining.
CryptoMining made easy.
ProMining provides the lowest barrier to entry to start mining to your own wallet. No need to build a custom rig, learn about PC's, manage heat or power delivery. We take care of all of that for you. Just sign up, lease a GPU, and see the results on your miner pool.
Mineering, 2.5% Daily Earnings Platform.
Take Your First Steps to Becoming a Dogecoiner Today!
What is Mineering ?
Mineering is a Cryptocurrency Cloud Mining company. The company provides modern, high-efficiency platform rental services for Dogecoin mining.
We guarantee an instant connection, access 24/7, operation without any interruptions, real-time mining monitoring, easy-to-use and secure platform as well daily mining outputs.
Mineering, enables Dogecoin wallet owner an easy and convenience way to manage their investments in one place.
We hosted node servers that process Dogecoin transactions. The fees of these transactions earned are returned as profits from investments.
Bitcoin Miner Says Solar Energy Cuts Mining Costs By 75%
Market conditions and electricity costs have substantially lowered cryptocurrency mining profitability. As a result, big and small-scale cryptocurrency miners are forced to turn to renewable energy to reduce operational mining costs.
Future of Crypto Mining Lies in Solar Energy.
Cryptocurrency miners have been trying to lower their costs since the advent of Bitcoin (BTC). Now, due to adverse cryptocurrency market conditions, this endeavor has become increasingly critical.
Consequently, some miners are now using solar energy to run their operations. For example, Reddit user "cadese" claims he is using solar panels to reduce costs significantly -- stating:
Bitcoin mining is forcing me to go solar power. I just installed solar panels to run my miners during the day. Not only does my house get heated but I cut the mining cost by 75%. Why? It's not just the cheapest form of energy, but I get rid of the grid-transfer cost and tax (=75%!)
Mining Bitcoin with renewable energy is more prevalent than previously thought.
In November 2018, CoinShares Research published a whitepaper that examined trends, costs, and energy consumption of Bitcoin mining. According to the authors, the study shows that most Bitcoin mining occurs in global regions containing available sources of renewable energy. Moreover, the report highlights that about 80 percent of mining is powered by renewable energy.
Renewable Energy to Power the Cryptocurrency Revolution.
The use of solar panels is becoming more cost-effective than standard electricity. For example, Azultec Cube300 advertises that miners can generate cryptocurrencies with the option "to use renewable energy and recuperate up to 72 percent of the generated heat."
For small-scale miners, a growing array of solutions is becoming available. For example, Cryptosolartech is a project where the primary objective is to develop the largest cryptocurrency mining farm run on renewable energies. According to the Cryptosolartech website:
At Cryptosolartech, we count on 3,000 specialized ASICs that compete with large pools, thanks to the fact that we have the best equipment and technology in the market. Our miners are supplied with renewable energy produced by our own photovoltaic plants, thus making the activity an efficient and sustainable practice.
Companies such as Solar Alliance Energy Inc. -- a provider of residential, commercial and industrial solar installations -- are focusing on the amazing role that renewable energy can play to support the development of the cryptocurrency industry.
In November 2018, Solar Alliance Energy signed an agreement with NuYen Blockchain for the development of the cryptocurrency mining facility in Murphysboro, Illinois. This facility supports the Renewing the Murphysboro Community Through Green Energy Jobs initiative.
What do you think about running Bitcoin mining operations on solar energy? Let us know in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Twitter/@nderchris, Pixabay.
Bitcoin mining by using solar energy. Is it possible? [closed]
Want to improve this question? Update the question so it's on-topic for Bitcoin Stack Exchange.
Closed 6 years ago .
I have a peculiar question concerning about Bitcoin mining, for example, in Brazil it is unfeasible due to the high cost of electric power. Is it possible to do mining by using solar energy? Does someone know how much energy is necessary to setup a bASIC unit of Bitcoin mining? It sounds interesting for me, since solar energy is cheap! Of course you will have the investment with batteries, solar panels, cables, etc.. but I think it still possible.. any ideas?

Bitcoin

EDITED.
I'm looking for a bASIC project about mining bitcoin using solar energy.
It largely depends on what machine you want to power with those solar panels. You're definitely going nowhere with GPU based mining. As PCs consume a huge lot of energy, and those who don't, are equipped with Atom and Intel graphics, meaning mining won't get you far with that equipment.
However, it may be possible to run a USB ASIC miner based on a Raspberry Pi. I think those kind of machines consume very little energy. However, you may also need an Internet connection, but I'm assuming you already have a router you can connect to.
In that case, I'd buy one Raspberry Pi for each USB ASIC stick you want to buy.
The initial cost may be a bit hefty, though, and I'm not sure the performance would be that great, because there's just so much hashing power already in the Bitcoin network.
I'm sure you're better off mining Litecoin, Dogecoin or Feathercoin anyways. But well, there's no USB ASIC miner for scrypt cryptocurrencies, so you're out of luck for those alts.
Is Solar-Powered Bitcoin mining the Future?
Bitcoin took a wild ride in 2017.
Even though the end of the year was marred with big price dips and controversies surrounding major virtual currency exchanges, it's clear that Bitcoin took the financial world by storm and also got many involved in the still relatively new world of cryptocurrencies.
Even though the price of Bitcoin has been booming, going all the way from about $1,000 back in January to $19,000 at one point in December, there's a couple of big roadblocks.
One of these is the massive amount of power it takes to actually mine the coins.
It's been estimated that it will take about 132 years to mine all 21 million Bitcoins in existence. Mining is done by specialized computers who consume a lot of electricity as they search for the correct hash keys to make Bitcoin.
Since the algorithm behind Bitcoin actually makes it harder to mine as time goes on, one researcher said in 2016 that Bitcoin mining could one day "lead to a continuous electricity consumption that lies between the output of a small power plant and the total consumption of a small country like Denmark by 2020."
But since the price of Bitcoin is currently in the low five figures (at the time of writing), there's a lot of incentive to mine due to the prospects of making good cash.
This creates another problem because there's been a 95% correlation between the price of Bitcoin and the mining difficulty over the past couple years. This means that mining is only consuming more and more electricity because the cryptocurrency has been on an upward surge for a long time now.
This means that everyone who is looking to mine is trying to figure out how to keep their electricity expenses low.
Some operations have set up shop in countries like Iceland to take advantage of geothermal power. Nations like Belarus have also become attractive because of the relatively low cost of power compared to other places.
However, solar power has actually become one of the most talked about ways for miners to run their operations, especially since Bitcoin and solar actually have a pretty long relationship together.
Back when the cryptocurrency was just a fraction of where it is now, one 2012 forum conversation on Bitcointalk.org detailed the setup of a solar power mining operation in Australia. Even when mainstream interest in Bitcoin was relatively low, and some in the financial world had 'given up on cryptocurrency', solar powered mining projects were still being discussed online.
For example, a cryptocurrency lover published a guide in 2013 about how to build a solar-powered mining plant.
In 2015, a Bitcoin fan took to YouTube to show off his Bitcoin solar-powered mining farm. They said the power consumption of their S3 Antminer was actually being offset by the power of the sun's energy thanks to their solar panels.
As Bitcoin started to grab the attention of everyone in mid-2017, one Reddit user posted about their solar mining operation in the Southwest desert. They explained that each of their miners was producing about .007 Bitcoin each day at the time thanks to solar power. They were also looking to expand the number of mining rigs because things were so successful.
The user noted one Antminer S9 ASICS mining system cost about $1,225 at the time, and each mining operation totaled $8,000 with the addition of 6kW of solar panels, deep cycle lead-acid batteries, and a power control system.
Even if an $8,000 cost seems expensive, some believe solar power could actually make mining somewhat viable despite the limitations of the cryptocurrency's algorithms. A lot of mining today is done by massive companies with extremely powerful computers, and not by individuals or small firms (which is why some future cryptocurrencies are also becoming ASIC-resistant).
But since Bitcoin mining is largely driven (or hindered) by electricity prices, solar power has the strong potential to make mining more accessible and easier.
One Bitcoin club called Nastymining teamed up with the solar energy company Sunpower in early 2017 to fuel some of their mining equipment inside their facility.
There's speculation that miners and/or companies could take advantage of renewable energy tax credits if they were to use solar panels to power their operations. This could potentially offset some of the tax burdens associated with selling Bitcoin.
Since Bitcoin mining is largely driven (or hindered) by electricity prices, solar power has the strong potential to make mining more accessible and easier.
Tam Hunt of Greentechmedia calculated back in September that a 1-megawatt Bitcoin mining project could have a "net present value" of at least $9.3 million dollars and a 20-year net revenue of about $19 million. These numbers are based on a Bitcoin price of $2,500.
Even though Bitcoin's price is far above this figure right now, these numbers are still looking pretty good when compared to the average 1-megawatt solar project, which typically has a value of $200,000 to $400,000. The breakdown of the model can be seen here.
Solar Bitcoin miners also have the benefit of connecting their panels to a power grid, giving them the ability to sell extra power to the utility company. This could come in handy if one loses interest in mining, or if the price of Bitcoin falls or even collapses.
Those who are not interested in connecting to a grid also have a lot of mining versatility with solar panels.
Prospective miners could take advantage of the lack of permit requirements for mining in states like Texas and quickly set up solar panels and mining equipment once they acquire land. The panels could be set up in a rural area to take advantage of cheap land and a lot of space.
As solar energy continues to become more and more popular with the average consumer, it's no surprise that Bitcoin miners are also looking into it as well.
Panels are pretty easy to buy and install, are rapidly improving thanks to changing technology, and give miners a lot of flexibility in their operations since they can be set up anywhere.
Related infographic: What is Bitcoin mining?
Share Tweet Pin Email.

Bitcoin

Save money by converting your home to solar power. Calculate your savings.
The Ultimate Guide: How to Invest in Bitcoin mining in 2020.
Aside from the most common way of investing in cryptocurrencies, which is by purchasing them from exchanges or P2P platforms, some people want to know how to invest in Bitcoin mining operations.
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that run on a Proof-of-Work (PoW) model offer another investment opportunity, which is Mining. And no, this has nothing to do with excavating the ground to search for precious metals.
Are you looking for how to invest in Bitcoin mining or seeking crypto mining investment opportunities? In this guide, we will specifically walk you through on how to start a Bitcoin mining investment in 2020.
We'll also inform you if there is actually a Bitcoin mining without investments on either the software or machines required for the activities. Lastly, we will discuss another mining solution, which will enable you to mine cryptocurrencies even without your physical presence.
Knowing how to invest in Bitcoin mining is important. As cryptocurrencies, particularly Bitcoin, continue to gain massive adoption and price increases, cryptocurrency mining can be considered a part-time or even a full-time business.
Now, that we've cleared that, let's dive right in.
What Exactly is Bitcoin mining?
Bitcoin mining is a backbone activity of the Bitcoin network, done with specialized computers to ensure the verification of transactions and the issuance of new Bitcoin into the market.
Just like stores would document their daily transactions either on papers or computers, this is pretty much what goes on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency mining. However, the latter involves a more complicated process that requires high computational power to achieve.
Unlike stores, transactions that occurred with Bitcoin are logged in Blockchain. First, Bitcoin transactions are verified across multiple nodes on the Blockchain. Afterward, this transaction will be compiled as a Block and logged on the Bitcoin Blockchain.
Miners who successfully verified and map a transaction on the network will receive 6.25BTC as a reward. Previously, the block reward was 12.5 BTC; however, it was reduced after the third halving of the cryptocurrency this year.
How to Invest in Bitcoin mining: What You Must Know?
Before you invest in Bitcoin mining, it is advisable to consider the following:
High Power Consumption: As explained earlier, the machines used in Bitcoin mining performs at a high computational power, which also means more electricity consumption. Due to expensive energy costs, many small-scale miners were forced out of the market as the block reward got lesser amid Bitcoin halving. Thus, you might want to consider the cost involved before starting out your mining journey. However, many miners are using Solar power to waive cases of high electricity costs in Mining. Bitcoin mining is Competitive: At this point, it is worth mentioning that the cryptocurrency mining industry is very competitive, especially in Bitcoin. So, starting a crypto mining investment will require more capital or fund, depending on the coin, to acquire advanced mining equipment to place you in a better position in the competition. Bitcoin Block Reward Halving: Especially if you are new to the cryptocurrency industry, you probably would want to know that Bitcoin reward is predetermined to be reduced by 50 percent every four years. This reduction in supply is called the Bitcoin halving. Hence, it would be best if you considered that your reward for mining Bitcoin is not fixed. For instance, the Bitcoin mining reward was settled at 50 BTC. However, the current reward has been slashed to 6.25 BTC.

Bitcoin

Bitcoin mining investment can be worth it if done rightly. Having listed these few points to note, let's explore the many ways you can engage in Bitcoin mining, and unveil if it is possible to begin free Bitcoin mining without investment.
1. Starting a Bitcoin mining Farm.
A Typical Bitcoin mining Farm in Operation (Source: Bitfarms)
While there may be other options to start Bitcoin mining, many people mostly mine Bitcoin from their mining farm. A Bitcoin mining farm can be a setup of different mining equipment that can be run on a small or large scale, depending on the operator/miner. An individual miner can run about 100 mining machines in his/her farm, while companies can deploy thousands of these machines in a single farm.
What You Need to Setup Your Bitcoin mining Farm.
Find an Ideal Mining Spot: This is where you will set up and run all your Bitcoin mining operations. You can choose to mine the cryptocurrency from your home, depending on the scale you wish to operate. Rent/hiring a shop or warehouse can be ideal for large-scale Mining.
Getting Your Bitcoin mining Hardware: In the early stage of Bitcoin, miners had used their computer systems to mine cryptocurrency. They generated enough hash sequences, and they could also confirm Bitcoin transactions using their computer systems with high processors.
Fast forward to the present, Bitcoin miners have transitioned from using the Central Processing Unit (CPU), Graphical Processing Unit (GPU), and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) to Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) machines to mine Bitcoin.
ASIC-powered machines like Bitmain's Antminers may be the ideal machine to start your Bitcoin mining operation. Not that you can use other hardware to mine Bitcoin. However, miners now prefer ASIC machines since they provide a 100x increase in hashing power, yet with a low electricity consumption rate, compared to the other technologies.
Antminer ASIC Miner (Bitmain)
Thus, your chances of earning Bitcoin or staying profitable with older technologies against ASIC machines are very slim. Perhaps, ASIC machines are way costlier compared to the other technologies.
Installing Your Mining Software: The next tool you would need is to install a Bitcoin mining software. Mining software instructs the hardware on what work needs to be done, finding mathematical puzzles to solve from transaction blocks.
The most popular Bitcoin mining software includes:
Bitcoin Miner CGMiner BFGMiner RPC Miner EasyMiner.
Most modern ASIC-powered miners are built with compatible software, so you might start using them right away.
Meanwhile, there is still something closer that comes close to free Bitcoin mining without investment. It is called " Cloud Mining ."
Under this scheme, you can earn Bitcoins as a mining reward without even owning a single mining machine. This makes up another way you can invest in Bitcoin mining without having to quit your job or being present at the mining farm to inspect those machines.

Bitcoin

2. Cloud Mining.
By cloud-mining Bitcoin, your physical presence is most likely not needed, as the machines run from a remote location. Hence, this will enable you to auto-mine Bitcoin without directly investing in or buying mining hardware or software.
All you need to do is purchase a mining contract from companies offering cloud mining service.
Cloud mining saves you a lot of stress and challenges that come with running your mining farm. You can go about your job, holiday, and even travel abroad without necessarily worrying about hardware and software maintenance, electricity supply, and mining farm downtime issues.
Noteworthily, cloud mining also comes with disadvantages, which you would want to consider before buying any cloud mining contract.
The Risks of Bitcoin Cloud Mining.
Firstly, you do not have ownership of the mining equipment, so you cannot guarantee that these machines will run as long as you want. The companies offering this service might decide to cease operation at any time if they ascertain that the cryptocurrency's price is too unstable. When such situations arise, these miners resort to selling off their bitcoin holdings, which in turn can affect the market negatively.
Secondly, the cloud mining provider will charge a commission for the service rendered. Hence, you don't own all the rewards to yourself. It would help if you also exercised caution, as there are many illegal Bitcoin mining investment companies also promoting Bitcoin cloud mining services.
They typically claim to sell investment plans and offer highly robust referral programs that are only designed to send more victims their way.
Sample Fake Bitcoin mining Investment Companies.
In fact, 99% of online websites posing as a Bitcoin mining investment company is fraudulent and will only separate you from your money. You'll likely find a number of them on Google Search results for "Bitcoin mining" related keywords. Some even run campaigns via Google Ads to attract unsuspecting investors.
Please, stay away from them. If you must invest in Bitcoin mining via cloud mining companies, ensure that you do due diligence and possibly involve a legal expert.

Bitcoin

3. Joining a Mining Pool.
Since your chances of competing with large-scale Bitcoin mining investment companies are very slim, miners came up with the idea of pulling their resources together, thereby raising their hash power. By joining a Bitcoin mining pool, you will contribute your computing power with that of other miners in the pool to generate a block, which comes with a reward.
Largest Bitcoin mining Pools (Source: Blockchain.com)
These rewards are being shared amongst the miners evenly. So, you ought to decide whether to stand alone or pull your resources together with other miners. Note that mining pools have a greater chance of generating blocks because of their superior hashing power. Thus, the miners that invest in Bitcoin mining via pools are likely to receive more income from time to time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Investing In Bitcoin mining.
Is there free Bitcoin mining without Investment?
If you are wondering whether there is Bitcoin mining without investment, then it is worth mentioning that you're not the first person to ponder it, especially given how valuable Bitcoin has become.
Many think that there is free Bitcoin mining without investment; however, the answer to this question is pretty much a NO.
You can't start free Bitcoin mining without investment at all.
If you're looking for a way to earn bitcoins for free, check out our list of high-paying Bitcoin faucets and games that payout small units of bitcoin when you carry out certain tasks.
At most times, Bitcoin mining is profitable if you're able to source for electricity cheaply. Another factor that often determines profitability is how soon you sell your bitcoins after mining them. Under bullish market conditions where transaction fees spike, bitcoin miners make more profits as well.
Whether you're mining with CPU, GPU & ASIC, NiceHash has an excellent profitability calculator that lets you directly compare electricity costs against realizable profits. Using this tool, you can invest in Bitcoin mining with an estimated profit ratio in mind.
In this article, we covered vital information about how to invest in Bitcoin mining. We also disclosed that there is free Bitcoin mining without investment.
Anyone tell you that there is a way to mine Bitcoin without investing is probably going to rip your off your money. You must also keep an eye out for the many fake Bitcoin mining investment companies out there, promise unrealistic returns over a short period.
We believe that this guide will help you as you consider how to invest in Bitcoin mining. You will be a better position to decide which investment opportunities are best for you, or whether it will be best for you to simply buy and hold Bitcoin for profit.
Affiliate: Get a Ledger Nano X device for $119 so hackers won't steal your crypto.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Telegram to receive timely updates. Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter.

Bitcoin

How to Build a Mining Rig: Things You Need to Know Before You Start.
How to build a mining rig: learn all you need to master building a mining rig. Read this guide & find out how to build a mining rig by yourself.
If you liked playing archeologist-types of games when you were a kid and DIY videos are a usual sight in your YouTube playlist, then you have come to the right place. Today I'm going to tell you about all of the different ways on how to build a mining rig .
Mining rigs might seem tricky at first, but when you break them down, it's not that hard. In this guide, we'll cover some of the bASIC things about mining rigs: their components (and what are the best component manufacturers) , how they work , best placement ideas and so on .
We'll start with the definitions and then work our way from there.
1. Types of Mining Rigs 2. How to Build a Mining Rig? 2.1. Things to Keep in Mind 2.2. Components 2.3. The Building Process 3. Conclusion.
Types of Mining Rigs.
Just like cryptocurrency wallets, there are three different types of mining rigs:
CPU . CPU mining rigs utilize processors to " mine " data from the blockchain. These are very simple and inexpensive rigs - most people, when they talk about CPU mining , mean that they mine cryptocurrencies straight from their computer. This has its benefits and drawbacks (having much more of the latter).
CPU mining is becoming more and more unpopular as the years go by. There are many contributors to the reasoning behind this, however, one of the bigger ones is the price. CPU mining is very costly and clunky - your electricity bills are going to skyrocket through the roof , while your computer might overheat at any given second if you lack proper cooling.
The main perk that the CPU method of mining has is its availability . You could download a few programs (more on them later) to your desktop or laptop ( although using laptops for mining cryptos is strongly unadvised ) and start mining right this instant. People who don't want to invest a lot (or any) of money favor CPU mining because it requires zero effort. GPU . GPU cryptocurrency mining rigs are the absolute favorites for people looking at how to build a mining rig . They're definitely among the most popular crypto farming methods out there - anyone from a single miner to a corporation, possessing a whole mining farm, tend to use GPU rigs. GPU mining rigs utilize graphics card GPUs to mine data from the blockchain.
They can be dedicated or simple miners - dedicated GPU mining rigs are built for a solemn purpose of cryptocurrency mining, while simple miners are devices that are used for other intents and purposes, doing crypto mining only on the side (i.e. desktop computers). People love GPU mining rigs for their usefulness - these rigs do the job and they do it with grace.
Naturally, to get the best results, you would have to use the maximum amount of GPUs available, but even with the simplest of rigs, a result would be noticeable . GPU mining rigs do have a couple of downsides , however, that a person looking on how to build a mining rig should know.
The biggest downside is its price . Graphics cards tend to be quite expensive ( or very expensive, if you're aiming for the best of the best ), so the initial investment you might have to make could be somewhat significant. They also require maintenance - a lot of cooling, plenty of electricity to fuel their power, generally looking after and taking care of, etc. ASIC . ASICs, or Application-Specific Integrated Circuits , are special devices designed explicitly with one, designated purpose in mind. These devices are the current top-dogs when it comes to cryptocurrency mining rigs. Someone who's looking for how to build a mining rig should know that, while not being rigs per say, ASICs are pieces of dedicated machinery that you can purchase and set up so it would mine cryptos for you.
They are very popular, which in turn makes them extremely scarce to come by. If making money through cryptocurrencies is your only objective, then ASICs are a perfect choice. However, if you care about the ECOSystem that is the crypto world, you might want to think twice .
Because of how powerful they are, ASICs have a reputation of twisting the wellbeing of cryptocurrencies and throwing miners that use other types of rigs out of balance. Because of these reasons, ASICs have recently been subject to a high level of controversy that sparked within the Ethereum mining community and continues to echo through ought the crypto world.
These were the three types of the most commonly used mining rigs out there. Although the information may vary, the most popular out of the three stems to be the GPU type, with ASIC and CPU ones as follow-ups, respectively .
Now that you have a general understanding of the main types of mining rigs, their pros and cons, we can move on to the main topic at hand - how to build a mining rig?
How to Build a Mining Rig?
Let's just say that when you're thinking about how to build a mining rig, you're thinking about a GPU one. ASICs are devices on their own (they require no initial building from your part), while CPU rigs are built in the same way as the GPU one, with their main component being the one differentiator .

Bitcoin

Things to Keep in Mind.
So how to build a mining rig? Well, first of all, you have to know what to take into consideration when picking the parts for your rig.
Naturally, there are quite a few things to keep in mind, but the main ones would probably have to be hash rate and energy consumption .
Hash rate defines just how powerful your rig is. It's a way of knowing how many calculations your rig can perform in one second. The higher the amount, the better. Naturally, though, high hash rates mean high demand for power, which in turn results in a high electricity bill. For anyone thinking about how to build a mining rig, this should be a big factor to take into consideration.
Energy consumption is another major factor to consider when thinking about how to build a mining rig, and one people tend to disregard it. You should never let the illusion that " I bought my mining rig components, which means I'm done spending " get in your head. Mining energy costs might not only match your profits but even exceed them and leave you completely broke and in debt .
When choosing your hardware, always try to strike a perfect balance between the power of a component, and the power consumption.
Finally, don't just jump into the first market site and buy everything that pops up on your screen when you Google " best hardware for building a mining rig ". With a little bit of digging, you might find the same components for a lot cheaper. Be smart - cryptocurrency mining is a competitive business, so every dollar counts!
Are USB ASIC Miner Devices Still Profitable in 2020?
Today, we will be looking into how a USB ASIC miner work and if it is still profitable for mining in 2020.
The Origin of the USB ASIC Miner.
While at first Bitcoin could only be mined with CPU power, in 2013, a new type of mining hardware emerged the ASIC miner (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).
ASICs are special hardware designed only for mining cryptocurrencies that are based on the Proof of Work protocol, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, etc.
As ASIC rigs are quite expensive to buy and own, a lighter version of this device appeared on the market: USB ASIC miners.
How Do USB ASIC Miners Work?
Bitcoin mining is the process of validating new transactions and releasing new coins into circulation.
A USB ASIC miner connects to the computer's USB port and, with the appropriate software, executes the computing process required to do the mining. To get a better hashing output, multiple ASIC miners can be connected to the same PC.
As a computer usually has anywhere from 2 to 4 USB ports, you can use the ports to connect as many as possible USB ASIC miners.
Then, the USB hub assembly connects with the mining software capable installed on the PC that manages the mining operations of the USB ASIC miner. The software allows you to monitor in real-time the mining performance of the ASIC miner.
The USV ASIC miner can also be connected to a laptop or to smaller devices, such as a Raspberry Pi.
What Advantages Does a USB ASIC Miner Have?
While a regular ASIC mining rig ranges between a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, a USB ASIC miner usually costs under $50.
The high-end version of an ASIC miner USB can cost around $150, but this is a rare exception.
As consensus algorithms are constantly changing to become ASIC-resistant, this can suddenly render many ASIC miners useless. Because these devices cannot be reconfigured, this could mean heavy losses. While this will also affect your USB ASIC miner as well, you had invested a lot less in the initial hardware.
USB miners are fairly easy to set up and configure, as opposed to regular ASIC mining rigs, which require technical knowledge and time.
While a small mining operation can end up taking a lot of space, a USB ASIC miner can be easily stored or moved to a new laptop or PC. This enables you to mine on the go from wherever you are located.
Bitcoin's mining rewards halving, which is expected to occur in May 2020, have long monopolized discussions about the digital asset's valuation and the profitability of cryptocurrency mining.
How will the Bitcoin Halving Affect ASICs?
The upcoming halving, which is scheduled to take place in May 2020, will reduce the Bitcoin mining rewards from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC. This means that 50% fewer Bitcoins will be generated every 10 minutes.

Bitcoin

Co-founder and ex-CEO of Bitmain, Jihan Wu, has expressed his pessimistic view on the impact of the upcoming halving:
"Maybe people speculate too much before the halving, and then you can't sell the good news anymore. Maybe, this time a bullish cycle is not coming yet. During the first and second halving, people didn't know what to expect, and during the second halving, the scaling debate complicated the situation. Now people are expecting it."
Block reward halving is one of the most important events for miners, as with a reduced mining reward, the profitability will be even further put under scrutiny.
Another result of this event will probably see many ASIC miners unable to produce profits. Genesis Mining CEO, Marco Streng, speculated that the Antminer S9, Bitmain's most popular ASIC model, has reached the end of its productivity limit, and " a lot of miners are running on a margin of profit."
A new line of Bitcoin mining rigs is already being released to the public. This new generation of ASIC miners has substantially more power to allow its owners to get ahead of the competition. Some of these miners have up to 500% more hashrate compared to the older versions.
As even the more performant ASICs of today will not be able to be profitable in 2020 after the halving, it is absolutely certain that the current models of USB ASIC miners, which have considerably lower hashrate, will not be of any use to miners in 2020. Maybe if newer models were to have 7nm chips implemented, they could be able to mine, but even then, they would still pale in comparison in terms of power with regular ASICs.
Is a USB ASIC Miner Profitable with Other Cryptos?
In the world of cryptocurrency mining, the hash rate is the quintessential factor that determines how much of a profit you make. A lower hash rate means that you have a significantly lower chance of finding the next block and getting the mining reward. If you compete against other miners that have a regular ASIC miner or a rig, a simple USB ASIC miner will not be able to withstand its processing power, regardless of the crypto mined.
Because of its low performance, a USB ASIC miner brings lower profits. The owners of such ASIC miners have stated that it is impossible to achieve a good ROI with such units, or the mining results aren't worth the investment. With a lower hash rate, you will have to wait much longer to discover one block, and hence receive the crypto reward, especially if the difficulty increases regularly.
If you take the money and time you have to invest in order to mine a part of a crypto, then it is probably not worth to invest in a USB ASIC miner to diversify your portfolio.
In terms of profitability, it is recommended that you use traditional hardware mining, such as an ASIC or a performant GPU. But if you are just looking to get familiar with crypto mining and not invest significant amounts, then a USB ASIC miner might be right for you.
Featured image: indianweb2.com.
Note: This post was originally published on 9 January 2019 and has been totally updated for the completeness and veracity of the content on 11 January 2020.
How to mine bitcoin using USB?
One of the best ways to generate your own bitcoins without trading for them is to mine them.
An introduction to USB Miners.
Before we begin, however, it must be noted that Bitcoin mining via USB is a primitive method of mining bitcoins and nobody who wishes to make a profit, or even the slightest amount of money through mining should use one. However, it is a good tool to get the bASIC idea of how mining is done without investing much into it.
USB Bitcoin miners were a big thing back in the early days of Bitcoin technology. When it all began, people were mining using their CPUs alone. However then for a short period of time came the age of USB powered Bitcoin Miners which gave a short boost to Bitcoin mining.
However, as time progressed the mining difficulty increased and high-power devices started to take over. Today, if you make use of a USB Bitcoin miner, it would probably take you hundreds of years to reach even three decimal digits. If you want to learn Bitcoin mining these are a good, inexpensive option for you. However if you're serious about mining for Bitcoins, you should check out our complete list of Bitcoin mining Hardware devices.