forex.pm forex forum binary options trade - Binance - Сryptocurrency exchanges - How do different implementations of the Bitcoin Cash client know which type of coin they're processing?
  • Welcome to forex.pm forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

How do different implementations of the Bitcoin Cash client know which type of coin they're processing?

Started by Bitcoin, May 13, 2022, 08:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitcoin

How do different implementations of the Bitcoin Cash client know which type of coin they're processing?

TL;DR: Where in this code does the SV client figure out that it's not processing an ABC blockchain?

This image prompted my question.

There are a couple different mutually incompatible (I am assuming anyway) implementations of the Bitcoin Cash cryptocurrency client software...

1. Bitcoin Cash ABC

2. Bitcon Cash SV

My question assumes that each implementation processes their respective transactions using similar but mutually-incompatible blockchain processing rules.

Is it normal to run a Bitcoin Cash SV client implementation in a Bitcoin Cash ABC network? And vise versa? How, then, does one implementation know that the network it is running in, is (in)compatible with its particular processing rules?

Source: How do different implementations of the Bitcoin Cash client know which type of coin they're processing?